Zegta, Inc. a US Corporation, legal address, 651 N Broad St, Suite 206, Middletown 19709, Delaware, USA (“Zegta“), provides you web-hosting, domain name registration, SSLs and Emails.
Zegta, Inc. seeks to ensure the highest level of data privacy when offering its variety of quality products and services to Zegta customers and subscribers (“Subscribers“) (collectively, “You”, or “Users“).
At Zegta, the privacy and security of our Users are of paramount importance. Zegta is committed to protecting the data you share with us.
2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES. CONFIDENTIALITY
Zegta shall process all Personal Data adhering to the general data processing principles:
- lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (lawfulness, fairness, and transparency);
- collect and process Personal Data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation);
- ensure that Personal Data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for relation to the purposes for which they are processed (data minimization);
- ensure that Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date (accuracy);
- ensure that Personal Data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (storage limitation);
- process Personal Data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
All and any information stored on Zegta’s Platform is treated as strictly confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by qualified and authorized personnel only.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Zegta Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contractual arrangement which is in place between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Failing to provide any of this data or decision to delete or object to the processing of any of such data may result in de-activation of your Zegta Account.
- Account Signup Information. When you sign up to Zegta, we require you to provide minimum information – email address and password. In some particular cases, we ask you to provide more information – such as your first and last name, identity verification, contact details. Such information is required when you are applying for a registration of domain name and indicated as the WHOIS information.
- Identity Verification. To comply with the rules set forth by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN“) before the registration of the new domain name, Zegta may collect identity verification information (such as images of your passport, national ID card, valid driving license or other documents as required or permitted by applicable laws).
- Payment Information. To order and use features of the Zegta Website (such as web-hosting, domain name registration), we may require you to provide certain financial information in order to facilitate the processing of payments. We use 3rd party (payment processor) services, so we do not collect and store credit card information (we receive information about the payment status and store only the last 4 credit card digits).
- Communications, Chats, Messaging. When you communicate with Zegta (using contact us, support tickets or live chat), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide or disclose. In order to respond to your request, we may access information provided in your Zegta Account, purchase history, etc.
- Job applicants’ information. We also collect information that you provided to us by applying to any of the open career positions published at https://zegtacloud.com/careers, by e-mail or otherwise.
- Visitors and users of our User’s websites or services. We may also collect information pertaining to visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”), solely for and on our Users’ behalf.
4. DIRECT MARKETING
When creating an Account at our Website, you are free to opt-out from receiving various offers directly to your e-mail, phone, or in your Account. We use provided contact details and your preferences for direct marketing by sending various offers or newsletters.
These direct marketing offers, depending on your preferences, may be personalized taking into account any other information which you have provided to us (e.g. location, social media profile information, purchase history, etc.) or we have collected or generated from other sources as described below.
5. OTHER USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Developing Platform. We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development for the further development of our platform in order to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive and personalized experience, drive membership growth.
- Customer Support. We use data to help you and fix problems. We use the data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and issues (e.g., bugs).
- Aggregate Insights. We use data to generate aggregate insights. We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you.
6. RETENTION AND DELETION
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services and to comply with our legal obligations. Where your personal information is no longer required we will ensure it is securely deleted.
If you would like to stop us using your personal information, you shall request that we erase your personal information and close your Zegta Account.
Zegta has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic, and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas of our Services. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly seek new ways and Third-Party Services to further enhance the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
Regardless of the measures and efforts taken by Zegta, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, or any other User Content you upload, publish or otherwise share with Zegta or anyone else.
We, therefore, encourage you to set strong passwords for your User Account and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You are entitled to a range of rights regarding the protection of your Personal Data, which are subject to limitations, restrictions and conditions as laid down in GDPR and applicable law. Those rights are:
- the right to access the information we process about you;
- the right to rectify incorrect/inaccurate information about you;
- the right to transfer all or part of the information collected about you to you or another data controller, where technically feasible (the right to data portability; with limitations and restrictions as specified in the EU General Data Protection Regulation);
- the right to erase any data concerning you. Users may demand erasure of data without undue delay for legitimate reasons, e.g. where data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected, or where the data has been unlawfully processed;
- the right to the restriction of data processing. Users, for legitimate purposes, may obtain restriction of data processing from the controller;
- the right to object to the processing of Personal Data when processing is carried out on the basis of legitimate interest, as well as in cases of use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, as specified above in this Policy.
9. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
We assume that all Users of Zegta Platform have carefully read this document and agree to its contents. If someone does not agree with this Policy, they should refrain from using our website, and mobile applications. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. This Policy is an integral part of Zegta’s Terms and Conditions. We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
10. APPLICATION OF POLICY
Our Policy applies to all of the services offered by us and our affiliates, including Zegta Incorporation, organized under the laws of Delaware, legal address at 651 N Broad St, Suite 206, Middletown 19709, Delaware, but excludes services that have separate privacy policies that do not incorporate this Policy.
Our Policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be displayed to you in search results, sites that may include our services or other sites linked from our services.
Our Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on our website and, if the changes are significant, we may consider providing a more explicit notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes).
12. FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any further questions regarding the data Zegta, Inc. collects, or how we use it, then please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.